Being a parent is a stressful job! And being a parent of a special needs child can come with more challenges! Not only do you live with the typical day to day stress but also a whole series of emotions and battles with and for your child. With everything on your plate, you can't afford NOT to take care of yourself. That is why I call Inner Connections for Parenting Possibilities The Missing Link. This is not about more parenting advice and things you should do for your child. It is a transformational program to becoming a more calm, confident, and connected parent from the inside out.
I have worked with children struggling with SPD for over 20 years. I'm also the parent of a Sensory Child. I know your struggles first hand.
I struggles silently for years because I thought I was an OT and should know what to do. I attended conference after conference trying to find a way to "fix" my child. I was the one that needed fixing.
I learned that the key to finding hope from the day to day chaos was my own self-care. Inner Connections for Parenting Possibilities brings you my best practices for creating peace and inner connection for yourself, your child and family.
Inner Connections for Parenting Possibilities can help if you are:
• Struggling just living with day to day stress
• Experiencing tension, tightness, and pain in your body
• Living with constant feelings of guilt, frustration, hopelessness, anger, sadness
about your situation
• Taking care of everyone else but yourself
• Making excuses for not giving yourself what you need? Possibly not enough time or not
• When was the last time were out with frinds or even you husband?
Truly, the best gift you can give your family is taking care of yourself. Practicing self-care allows you to be more loving, gentle, calm and more connected to yourself, thereby tapping into your inner wisdom and truly listening to your inner voice.
My Inner Connections for Parenting Possibilities program includes 8 steps:
1) Create a new vision for your parenting journey
2) Experience "calm and stillness" from the inside out.
3) Learn an easy model for changing thoughts, feelings, actions to create a better results in the world.
4) Discover a simple tool for seeing your child's perfections.
5) Foster positive self-care habits for overall wellness
6) Modify your environments to set you up for greater success.
7) Reconnect with your purpose and passion beyond your children.
8) Celebrate your accomplishments
This 8 week program is done either in person or over the phone. Each session will give you a chance to feel relaxed in your body, release stress and built up tension, changing your thoughts and beliefs which hold you back and limit you. A coach inspires, encourages, supports, guides and challenges you. The coach's number one focus is your success.
Imagine what parenting would be like when:
• You are training for a marathon not a sprint
• You are able to breath and feel calm and relaxed
• You are free of old wounds and feeling that hold you back
• You are grounded and could truly be present and playful with your children on a daily basis
• Your heart was is open and you are taking the time you need to be nurtured and nourished daily, weekly and monthly
• You are modeling good self care and your passion for your chlidren